4+1 (2 Bedrooms)
Our most quaint and charming property, with its unusual shaped windows and exposed low beams, was once the Gate Keeper’s Lodge. Round House is detached and although still very close to the indoor pool and other amenities, is a slight distance away from the other cottages, offering its guests more privacy. Round House is unusual, intriguing and probably the oldest building on the estate. You enter through a small porch with stable door into an attractive open plan lounge/dining room. At the far end of the room is a beautifully appointed Shaker style kitchen and a sea view from your kitchen window. Also on the ground floor is a luxurious bathroom with corner bath and integral power shower.
In keeping with a cottage of this period, there is a narrow staircase with low beams on to a landing (taller visitors will need to lower their heads) which leads to two bedrooms. The master bedroom has a king size bed and glorious views across the valley and to the sea; the second bedroom has bunks and is therefore more suitable for children. This bedroom will also accommodate a cot and therefore Round House is ideal for a family of four or five. However, its secluded location, wood-burning stove and luxury bathroom make Round House really popular out of season as a romantic getaway cottage for two.
Adjacent to the cottage, Round House has its own enclosed private garden with seating and BBQ for your exclusive use.
Round House is a dog-friendly cottage.
- Fully fitted, well-equipped kitchen with cooker, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, cafetiere
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access throughout the site and in your cottage
- Large HD flat screen TV with integrated Freeview channels
- Wood burner (logs included) and fully controllable central heating throughout, available 24×7
- Cottage garden with picnic seating and gas-fired Triton BBQ, exclusively for your cottage
- Bathroom with corner bath, power shower and heated towel rail
- DVD / Blu-ray player, CD /radio player
- Hairdryer and radio alarm clock in master bed
- Electricity, gas cooking / heating and use of laundry facility inclusive in the price
- Quality cotton bed linen, fluffy cottage hand and bath towels, tea towels
- Sundry pack provided with toilet rolls, dishwasher tabs, washing up liquid, washing detergent, bin bags, tin foil, cling film, dishcloth, scourer
- Range of baby and toddler equipment available free of charge to book in advance